Happy Halloween from all of us here at Family Dental Associates! We hope your Halloween season is a spectacular success. However, to ensure your smile can last for many more seasons to come, it is important to practice effective oral hygiene. To help better prepare you for the holiday season full of sweets, we offer you the following tips to think about:
– Avoid snacking between meals and over long periods of time.
– Brush after eating to ensure residue from candy will not linger on your teeth and gums. As an alternative, try chewing sugarless gum or using mouthwash.
– Always check all candy that you or your loved ones receive and remove any offending pieces that can potentially cause excessive damage to your smile.
– A healthy diet that is free of sugary sweets can help keep your smile safe.
– Always routinely visit with your dentist for oral exams and professional cleanings.
– Don’t be afraid to switch out a loved one’s candy for toys, money, or other rewards.
We wish you all a safe and happy Halloween! To book an appointment with Dr. Mark Folks, please call us at 918-542-3337, or stop by our office in Miami, Oklahoma. We look forward to hearing from you soon! Don’t forget to brush behind your fangs!